Permit Insurance 2016
LGFA Players who are travelling to the U.S.A. or Canada for the summer MUST be registered club members in order to receive a Permit to allow them play on a temporary basis with clubs in these areas. As per Official Guide Rule 111 it is compulsory for all players to obtain appropriate insurance cover before a permit to the U.S.A. or Canada can be granted.
Players can download a J1 or Non J1 Permit Form on LGFA website link below:
http://ladiesgaelic.ie/overseas/transfers-sanctions/ Permits will not be granted after 1st July.
The GAA has a scheme in place which provides adequate cover of which the LGFA can avail. Permits will NOT be processed unless insurance has been purchased. (Note Persons who take out other Insurance such as J1 Visa providers travel cover need to ensure that cover is provided for injuries sustained whilst playing GAA Ladies Football. This is not an automatic cover on most Travel covers and the ladies will need to declare they will be playing GAA as part of a team and they may have to pay an additional premium
They must provide details of their Insurance to LGFA with their permit before approval can be granted).
The following are the steps which a players needs to take to purchase the required insurance:
1. Go to the following link - http://www.acetravellerinsurance.ie/?afl=5781
2. Choose 'Worldwide' cover 'Up to 6 months'.
3. Members of Clubs in the 32 Counties of Ireland can purchase the insurance, please ignore the reference to the Six Counties, which states ‘excluding Northern Ireland’.
4. Choose the most accurate number of days that you will be staying in North
America/New York/Canada – note clubs cannot play players if their insurance has expired.
5. Please purchase the 'Standard' cover available as this is the only option acceptable
6. Please read and accept the terms and conditions of the policy and apply for the cover.
7. Fill in all the required fields in order to obtain your documentation.
8. Once purchased, the confirmation letter should be submitted along with the Official
Permit Form to your County Secretary who will submit to LGFA.
If you have any queries on the insurance, please contact ACE Travel Insurance on
1800 200 035 or if calling from outside Ireland +353 (0)1 440 1765 and email ACE.TravelIR@acegroup.com and use the GAA Travel Sanctions cover as your reference. If you have queries on your permit please contact me Aislinn Harkin on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 01 8363156.
LGFA, Croke Park, Dublin 3 Phone : 01 8363156 Fax : 01 8363111
Keep up to date with all Ladies Gaelic action and information by visiting our website www.ladiesgaelic.ie
County Club News >