The following information is available at http://www.gaa.ie/clubzone/transfers-and-sanctions/
Travel Sanction Cover to Canada
All players seeking a Sanction to play in Canada must purchase GAA Travel Sanction cover for 2014 before a Sanction will be granted by the GAA. The cost of the insurance depends on the duration of a player's stay.
The following are the steps which player's need to take to purchase the required insurance
1. Go to the following link - http://www.acetravellerinsurance.ie/?afl=5781
2. Choose 'Worldwide' cover 'Up to 6 months'
3. Members of Clubs in the 32 Counties of Ireland can purchase the insurance, please ignore the reference to the Six Counties, which states 'excluding Northern Ireland'
4. Choose the most accurate number of days that you will be staying in North America / New York / Canada
5. Please purchase the 'Standard' cover available. Budget cover is not acceptable
6. Please read and accept the terms and conditions of the policy and apply for the cover
7. Fill in all the required fields in order to obtain your documentation
8. Once purchased, the confirmation letter should be submitted along with the Official Sanction Form to your County Secretary who will submit it to Croke Park
9. Once approved, all Sanctions will appear on the relevant lists athttp://www.gaa.ie/clubzone/transfers-and-sanctions/
· Only the 'Standard' cover will suffice, a Sanction will not be granted if a player purchases 'Budget' cover
· Holders of the J1 Work and Travel Programme Visa who have purchased insurance from their travel agency may not be required to purchase GAA Travel Sanction cover. To verify that your cover is sufficient, please send a copy to email@example.com
· If you have any queries on the insurance, please contact ACE Travel Insurance on 1800 200 035 and use the GAA Travel Sanction cover as your reference.
County Club News >